Ebb Carbon is pioneering a new method of atmospheric carbon dioxide removal that uses electrochemistry to enhance the ocean’s natural ability to safely store CO2, while reducing ocean acidity. Our approach has the potential to be one of the safest, scalable and affordable ways to remove excess CO2 from our atmosphere.
About the role:
We are looking for a Chemistry/Chemical Engineering Intern. You’ll be responsible for characterising and improving Ebb’s novel electrochemical system. The ideal candidate will have superb technical, research and analytical capabilities, with a desire to learn more about bringing a novel process to market.
What You’ll Do:
- Work as part of a team to execute system goals including: build, test, and analysis of the electrochemical system
- Develop and perform analytical chemistry methods
- Perform bench top experiments to aid understanding of the full system
- Maintain and improve a large scale fluids system
- Generate reports and presentations for the technical team
- Maintain lab notes
What You'll Need:
- Majority or full completion of a BS degree in: chemistry, chemical engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with data analysis software
- Desire to learn more about electrochemical systems
- Startup experience ideal, startup mentality a must; someone who is scrappy and gets things done
- Experience in industrial fluid systems, wet bench chemistry, or electrochemistry